Summer 2020 Recap

 












I picked only 10 photos to give a little recap of our summer.  The days felt like they were dragging on but now that it's autumn I wonder where those summer days went.  Isn't it funny how time feels like it goes fast and slow all at the same time?  Even through Covid-19 and all the restrictions we did our best to make summer as normal as possible for the kids; however, we did enjoy sleeping in and lounging around in our pajamas until the late afternoon.  We grew comfortable with being lazy and spent a lot of time snuggling together, having extra video game and screen time as usual ... and that was all okay with me.  I felt my emotions crashing down and, well, I had already discussed that previously.  I enjoyed those lazy days.  Now that it's fall we are back to being busy, busy, busy and even though summer ended yesterday morning I miss it already.  


So in the picture recap we have as follows:

Kids feeling super excited that playgrounds finally opened back up.  

Father's Day mini golfing.

Saying goodbye to our pastor in a retirement parade.

The spring baseball season was put on hold and turned into a summer season instead.  

Since boy scout camp was cancelled the kids decided to camp in the backyard together.  The girl didn't enjoy it and didn't get any sleep.  

The kids were so happy when their dad made a slip and slide.  

Eyeglasses needed for the girl.  

A day trip to Sandy Point, Maryland.

Girl turns 9.

Finished the season with a trip to Chincoteague Island, Virginia.  


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you're seizing the day or the season shall I say. May God bless you and your family.
    Enjoy each day. It goes so fast.
    An older mother,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete