Hey Spring, Is That You?

 Greetings and welcome March.  As we enter this month I'm looking forward to a lot of exciting things that are coming up soon.  Spring is also just a few weeks away, although we've already been dealing with mild temperatures and what's being called "Fool's Spring."  I'm still expecting we'll be hit with a snow storm at some point.  This weather sure has been crazy lately.  Are you a lover of cold or hot temperatures?  I'm one for the sunshine and warmth, even though my skin condition doesn't get along with the sun.  The sunshine does knock me out of my seasonal depression so that should mean my posts here should become more pleasant again.   My dear readers can only hope, right?  I really do love these sunnier days.  The birds are chirping and the flowers have already started to bloom.  My daffodils are trying to make an appearance. 

Let's recap the week so far.  

On Sunday my daughter made a delicious dinner.  On her own with only a little assistance.   Steak, mashed potatoes, salad and a cake for dessert.   It was all yummy.  This was actually an assignment for her FACS (Family And Consumer Science class) formerly known to a lot of us as Home-Ec.  It was really good.  


She has baked many times before but this has her wanting to cook for us every Sunday.  Hey, I'll take it.  My son had also recently cooked a meal for us for a scout merit badge.  Cooking is an essential part of life and one that is important to learn.

On Monday I finally went to the doctor because I've been dealing with these itchy spots all over my body that has been driving me crazy.   At first I treated it on my own thinking it could be an allergic reaction or poison, then my husband began to get it.  The doctor said it's Scabies.  Say what?  Gross!  We were both treated with Prednisone and Permethrin cream.  Yesterday I washed the bedding and will do the same today.  Anyone ever experience Scabies before?  I must have caught it from one of the kiddos at work.  That's just a guess.  

Yesterday my daughter joined the middle school chorus and band for a benefit concert.  It was very well done.  She plays the clarinet and is an alto in the chorus.  
My husband had a meeting later in the evening so I watched my kids play Just Dance on the Wii.  I love that they still play together.   Well, they do argue a lot but they also have the best times together.   They are best friends but don't even realize it.
Here we are today, Wednesday.   Hump Day!  The middle of the week.  What's in store for us today?  Working and school.   Violin for my girl.  Baseball workouts for the boy.  A delicious, healthy dinner.  Hopefully a relaxing evening.   

Have a blessed new month ahead, my dear friends.  Wishing you peace and happiness.   



3 comments:

  1. Hello! Yes, the sun is shining up here as well. I always expect snow in March, but with the way the weather has been lately, who knows?? Your daughter did an awesome job on her meal!! And I am happy to hear they are offering that course in her school. So many schools aren't and I think it is one of the most important! Have a cozy day, my friend. Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have two very special kiddos preparing a Sunday meals. Give them an atta girl and atta boy from me. Scabies! (not sure what they are, but...eww) You didn't eat your pancakes on Fat Tuesday, did you? My French Mom always said we'd get scabies if we didn't have pancakes! (Course, it sounded better in French. Have a beautiful March-into-Spring and enjoy all the children activities. Take care dear Dawn Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fool's Spring....that's appropriate. I've never heard that term - but it definitely describes our season lately!! I'm with you....a huge snowstorm has to be just around the corner! Poor spring blooms. Those dinners look delish! What a sweet blessing to have such a nice prepared for you:)

    ReplyDelete