Life in March (with pictures)

 Life has been very busy lately but I thought it was time for an update.  Why not include pictures to go with what has been going on.  

The month started with a celebration at school for Dr. Suess' birthday, which has now been called Read Across America.  We served green eggs and ham at lunch.  



Then on another day we got to dress as our favorite forest animal.  I snatched these deer antlers from my daughter and dressed in brown.  It's the closest thing I had to a forest animal.  

My husband bought our son this lego puzzle so I helped him put it together.  I have always loved jigsaw puzzles.  It calms my stress.  

We all tried out a new restaurant in town and then went next door to the ice cream shop.

Of course, we celebrated St. Patrick's Day.  Rob and I both have Irish in our ancestry and this is one of the holidays I make sure to have a little fun with.   

Our boy made the high school junior varsity team and we are so proud of this accomplishment.  He has played ball since the age of 5.  It's hard to believe we've gotten to this point already.  



Dance competition season has started for my girl.  We were in Lancaster, PA last weekend for her first one of the year.  She's in one solo and three group dances and did amazing in all of them.  


The spring/summer time always gets me in a nostalgic mood so this morning I decided to pull out an old Contemporary Christian CD to listen to in the car.  Back in 1999 I was in business school and started hanging out with a good group of devoted Christians who helped me find my way out of a selfish, partying lifestyle.  I still listen to secular music but most often I listen to the Christian music.  


We made it to spring.  After a mild winter we are finally here!  Although, the weather has been back and forth from cool to warm.  The flowers have bloomed but then immediately are dying from the cooler mornings.  


It's hard to believe next week we'll be wrapping up the month and heading into April.  I'm ready.  

1 comment:

  1. Hello, lovely friend! What a great photo of you all ready for school! I bet the kids loved that. Congrats to both of your children as they continue to excel at and enjoy their activities. I love your love of family, Dawn. Have a cozy weekend, and April?!?! How???

    ReplyDelete