Easter 2023

 

Look at my two, dressed in their Sunday best before church service on Easter.  They sat with us and got to hear another incredible sermon about our Lord's sacrifice.  I'm grateful that our faithful God led us to this  particular church.  As someone who grew up Catholic I spent my adult years attending different churches aiming to find one that suits me and my family best.  It's important for me to have a pastor and church read directly from the Bible.  One that is honest in teaching not only about heaven but hell also.  Resurrection Sunday reminds us that without the death and resurrection of our Savior we would not have forgiven sins and a place in heaven.  Being a Christian doesn't mean I'm perfect.  I stumble on my sins each and every day but I believe in a God who gives me grace and forgiveness.   So, Easter is of great importance to me.  

This Easter was a special one as we decided to stay home and spend it together.   No extended family.   No drama.   No having to listen to political talk or others talking harshly about others.  It was nice.  Aside from church we painted eggs, played outside, and rested.  My husband cooked dinner allowing me to rest.   It was good.  Before church, the day started with the kids waking up to their special treats.  





We did visit my parents house on Saturday where family from Long Island visited.  The kids painted eggs with their cousins and played.  It was a good time but I was glad to have that done on Saturday and a peaceful day on Sunday.  


Today I spend my last day of vacation spring cleaning.  


2 comments:

  1. Hello! Your children look lovely all ready for church. And you and I are so similar! Spending the holidays together as a family in our own home was something we decided to do early on. No rush, no drama, just cozy family fun! Happy Easter, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Easter with new beginnings for us all. Baby Girl love her Big Brother or was it chilly? You have a couple handsome and beautiful children...but look at their parents! Blessings to y'all.

    ReplyDelete