Dance Competition

 I'm sitting here in the auditorium at a hotel on the last of a three day dance competition.  My daughter's dances are over but she insisted on staying to cheer on her other dance friends from back stage.  My husband is feeling financially drained, I'm exhausted from the back and forth 40 minute drive.  We feel like this should be the last year for our daughter to compete but then I see how much she shines on stage and how much fun she has in the dressing room with friends.  She's in her element.   It's helped her come out of a shell.  It's a tough choice to make.  

It's no secret how expensive it is to have a child in dance, let alone competitive dance.  After a long day of school she's off to classes.  We spend just a few long weekends in the year at these competitions.  I watch dance after dance.  Cheer when the studio wins an award.  Secretly feel bad when they don't.  The joyous pride I feel in my heart when my girl is on stage.  I pray we can continue to make this possible for her but if we can't she'll have these last few years wrapped in her memory.  So will I.   

I've even made friends in these other dance moms and today as we shared some experiences of what we have been going through it helped me see I'm not alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment