Another Snow Day

 

This is what we woke up to this morning.   Not a lot of snow but enough for in person school to be called off.  The kids and teachers are working from home but we lunch ladies get a nice break.  

I really needed the day off and am thankful Mother Nature was on my side today.  Work has been stressful and it leaves me feeling emotionally and physically exhausted,  yesterday especially.  I still like the job and all the kids from kindergarten through 5th grade make it worth it but the work itself is a lot.  My legs are hurting today.  I also need this time to get things done around the house.

The kids are virtual today and that tends to get a little stressful but with a little help and a lot of encouragement my daughter got through it.  

We transfered our son to cyber school and he's doing so well.  His original brick and mortar middle school was very incompetent on how to handle things and because of technical issues they showed our son was getting lower grades than he should have been.  All of the work, whether in person or online, had to be done on the iPad and once the assignments were submitted the teachers were supposed to receive them but didn't always.   My husband and I are one of many parents who complained about this issue and because of it moved to a cyber charter school.   He's been doing so well and this may be an option we'll stick with.   I have always been supportive of those who homeschool and I believe with the way things are now it's a great option.  I want our girl to stick with her school through elementary school but we'll consider the cyber school option once it's her turn for middle school.   

Okay, now back to cleaning! 

 

 


1 comment:

  1. Good for you, my friend.
    Do what works for you.
    We did the same, switching to cyber when my last, at the time, started middle school. I loved the elementary school! We have so much snow up here. The hubby and son are tired of shoveling. Since I am a homebody, I tend to enjoy it. Hugs! Happy Valentine's Day, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete