20 Miles

 


Yesterday was quite an adventure as I joined the Boy Scouts on a 20 mile hike.  It was an interesting experience and one I don't regret but I'm really feeling the soreness today.  The fiery feeling at the bottom of my feet has subsided but my legs and lower back are still feeling the agony and it's difficult to walk.  

The first 10 miles seemed like a breeze, then we stopped for lunch and the venture back was the most challenging.  Every mile from there seemed longer and longer.  At the end we were met by my husband and daughter.  We all finished with some pizza.  

I'm proud of myself for doing this but I can say it's probably not something I'll do again.  And it's worth mentioning I was the only scout mom who ventured this hike.

This has my boy one step closer to his hiking merit badge.  To say I'm proud of him is an understatement, and the poor kid is feeling the pain too, today.  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Dawn, that is a great accomplishment. One I would not have been able to do! Rest up today. You deserve it, my friend!

    ReplyDelete