Monday, September 30, 2024

Last Day of September

 Greetings on this rainy last day of September.  It has rained for about a week and as much as I want to complain about it I can't help but realize I'm much luckier than what those in the southeast are dealing with right now.  My heart breaks for everyone that had been in the path of the hurricane; the lives lost, the homes and businesses destroyed, and all it's going to take to rebuild and heal.  

Where did September go?  This month has been busy, busy, busy rushing from one place to another.  It really feels like most of my time is spent in a vehicle, whether it's my work van or my own personal car but it's okay.  As I say over and over again, it's only a season that will not last.  

Even when it's busy I make sure to take moments in the day to snuggle with the puppy.  Notice a fall decoration?  Yes, we are now officially in autumn and I'm glad.  You also can tell by the blanket who my husband and son support in football.  I know, I know, they had to change their name but my husband refuses to call them anything but the Redskins.  They were and always will be that.  


On Friday evening my husband and daughter went to the away football game to see our team win and our son perform with the band at the halftime show.  I always regret missing those moments but I needed the rest.  There will be several home games left and I will be at each one of those.  Saturday morning our boy was up early and at the school to take the bus to Carlisle where he ran in another cross country invitational.  

Then a few hours later he was back at the school to get on the bus again to head to another town for band where they joined five other schools for a Band Show.  I dropped my daughter off at a friend's for a sleepover and was able to relax with Rob until it was time to head to the show.  We are just so grateful for our son's hard work so far this year.  

I wish I could be more consistent in my blogging but I know not many read it anyway.  It's nice to have a place to jot down my thoughts but sometimes I wonder if it's even worth it anymore.  It's always been a nice outlet but I also have to focus on housework and life.  

And I did manage to sew the ribbons on my daughter's pointe shoes.  She had difficulty on her first class but it's an adjustment for every dancer.  


On Sunday we went to church and then spent the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying a day of doing nothing.  It was wonderful!  This cutie enjoyed the quality time as well.  

This morning after my van run I went grocery shopping and now I'm home to finish up on laundry and whatever else I can get done before it's time to get back in my van to bring the three boys home.  Then it's home to make dinner and head to the dance studio.  I also have to remember to wish my sister a happy birthday!  

1 comment:

  1. You’re an active mom with active kids - you do alright! It is unbelievable that it’s the last day of September. Of course we’re still in summer mode with 100* temperatures. I’m so over it.
    It is heartbreaking at all the destruction from that storm. I have family in East Tennessee and a cousin in Asheville, NC. It makes me sick.
    And snuggles with the dog is a must! God bless

    ReplyDelete