Wednesday, October 16, 2024

What Autumn Brings

We anticipate the arrival of autumn and then the cold air sweeps through and it becomes a debate if it's too soon to turn on the heat in the house.  The sky gets darker earlier and it confuses my mind into thinking it's time for bed when it's only 6:00pm.  The chill reaches my bones and makes me want to nestle under a blanket where there is warmth to be found.  I'm not a cold weather person; however, I appreciate the beauty that's to be found in the Pennsylvania autumn season with its changing colored leaves.  

And with fall comes the much need for a hot cup of coffee to start the morning. 

And a craving for a hot bowl of soup in the evening.


As I was warming up the school van this morning the radio announced that by this weekend temperatures will reach back up to the 70s.  Halleluiah!  I'll take it.  One thing we have yet to do as a family so far this October is a traditional pumpkin and apple picking.  I'm hoping we can squeeze that into our schedule.  

How are you enjoying these cooler Autumn days?  



2 comments:

  1. Here is the gal who runs the Hodgepodge. Join us!

    http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am for sure and certain not a cold weather gal either...and my brain also gets confused (and wants to go to bed) when it is dark at 6:00!?! Trying my best to embrace autumn. But I know it brings winter - ugh!! Happy Hump Day to you!

    ReplyDelete