Friday, October 18, 2024

Have You Looked At the Sky Lately?

Has anyone noticed how beautiful the moon has been this week?

This photo certainly doesn't do justice but my daughter took it on our way to youth group on Wednesday evening.  It's a Super Moon called Hunter's Moon.  On the way back from dropping her off at the church I was able to catch a glimpse of the comet that was expected to appear while still daylight.  This morning I was able to see the International Space Station that passed by while I was in the school van.  Unfortunately, I did not snap a picture of the comet or the ISS but it was pretty amazing to be able to see both.  Also, unfortunately, I was not outside when our area was able to see the Aurora Borealis last week but some of my friends were able to get some great snap shots of it.  This morning the moon, so full and large, stayed in place at 8:00 AM even though the sun was shining brightly on the other side of the sky.  

One of my favorite things I enjoyed learning as a child was astronomy.  My father bought me a telescope and several books on the planets and stars.  When I was little I would lay outside and look up at all the twinkling stars covering the night sky.  Even now I'm still fascinated with just how beautiful and detailed God's creation is.  I'm in awe of His perfection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment