Monday Morning Rambling

Good Monday morning!  My kids have been spending the weekend with my parents and I've spent the ENTIRE time cleaning my daughter's room.  It was frustrating to see how much mess she has accumulated and I lost count on how many garbage bags I used.  Is it normal for a 10 year old to have such a mess?  I'm not talking about toys here and there.  I'm talking about unnecessary messes, which also included food and food wrappers even though I have a strict rule about eating in the bedrooms.  I've had a talk with her over and over and when she gets home later I'm going to have another talk with her.  I don't why I can't get through to her and what I can do to make her cooperate.  I had trouble keeping a clean room as a child but this was far worse than anything I would have done.  

My goal for the summer is to get through every room and organize/get rid of things not needed.  I'm glad that her room is finished but I'm not sure how long this will last.  I could use some help, kids!  


 I'm still working on a manuscript.  I started one, then got an idea for another, then another.  This one seems to be going well but the problem is finding the time to sit and write.  I know it's better for me to handle housework first but if I wait for that to be done I'll never get to the book.  So, I go back and forth.  There's also something else I'm working on.  Something that's a smaller project that I'd like to get self-published on Amazon.  If you have any advice, from experience, of how to get it done I'd love to hear it.  I really feel the pull to do this but getting in the time for this busy mom of two seems impossible.  

During the evenings of the last few days my husband and I watched the show Candy on Hulu.  We remember actress Jessica Biel from her days of playing Mary Camden on 7th Heaven.  This time she played an 80's housewife who ended up murdering the wife of a man she had an affair with.  It was alright.  Doesn't seem like there will be a season 2.  

Today is a rainy day and my son is supposed to have baseball practice later.  Before the kids come home there's more cleaning to do, wash, dishes, EVERYTHING.  I also have to return books to the library that are due TODAY!  So much to do, so little time.  

Make it a great week, everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment