My Heart Overflows

Good Monday morning friends!

The busy weekend has left piles of dishes in the sink and a hamper overflowing with clothes.  The rest of the house definitely can use some attention as well.  The dishwasher is running, the wash machine and dryer are running, and everything else will get done in time.  

My heart also overflows at what an amazing week it has been for both my kiddos.

Last week my son played, in what we'd say, was his best game.  A random high schooler, with a gift of photography, snapped several pictures of the game.  Here is one to share.


My boy saved the game a few times when they were losing, helping the team to lead and win the game.  He caught two fly balls, once playing center field and the other time playing second base.  To see how far he's come along in baseball has been amazing.  I remember when he was just beginning and would stand there watching as the ball went right by him and now he's getting them mid air.  His determination and heart for the game has made me so incredibly proud.  When he's not at practice or playing a game, he's in the back yard swinging the bat or throwing the ball at the pitch-back net.  

On Saturday my girl had dress rehearsal and yesterday was the recital.  The theme was "Under the Sea" for ballet and then the second part was "Summer Sensation" for all the other dances.  She did a dance for ballet, her team competition dance, praise, tap, jazz, and modern.  This girl keeps our bank account drained with all of these classes, but it warms my heart to see her also doing what she loves.  Today she's feeling sad that the year is over but it won't be long before she's at it again.  I have taken several pictures of her different costumes but here is one.

She was an evil sea urchin for her ballet dance and boy did her expression play the part well.  To say I felt scared was an understatement.  I just love how dance tells a story (even though my dad, sitting next to me, had trouble following along).  

I want to be fully involved in my children's lives and helping them to accomplish their dreams and desires, no matter what it takes.  Our schedules are filled to the max and our gas tanks empty as quickly as our bank account does ... but it's a complete joy getting to watch them grow in their talents.  To say I'm proud is an understatement, but I am definitely proud.  

I love these two and my heart has definitely overflowed this week.  




No comments:

Post a Comment