Pool Day At The Parents

 

30 years ago I spent almost every summer day at this pool.  It's the pool in my parents' mobile home park.  As a teenager I would spend the days under the hot sun swimming in the water with friends, flirting with the lifeguard.  

I never thought after 3 decades I'd still be going back.  This time with my own children, surrounded by different lifeguards and new residents.  Everything looks the same but the people have changed.  

I remember being so desperate to leave Lancaster County.   Now I kind of miss it.  I remember how much I hated being a teenager living under my parents roof and how I couldn't wait to grow up into adulthood and live my own life.  Now I realize all I had taken for granted and how much of a simpler time it used to be.  It's been 21 years since I moved away but every time I go back it feels as if I never left.  
Now I have my own kids to share the experience with. 


1 comment:

  1. How quickly time passes, my friend. How neat you could share your childhood memories with your own children. I hope your summer is going well!

    ReplyDelete