Wednesday, July 22, 2026

A Lemon Hodgepodge


Go follow Joyce and add your answers here.  

 1. Do your goals and dreams energize or exhaust you? Elaborate. 

I was always a dreamer.  As a child I would dance and sing to music on my record player (yes, I'm that old) and imagine myself on stage performing in front of a large crowd.  Of course, that never came true.  I always dreamed of being somebody that I never became.  One dream that has been very realistic, was becoming a writer, and even though I have been writing something for a long time that dream of becoming a published author has yet to be a reality but I'm determined.  Dreaming is exhausting.  Having goals just turns into disappointments, so I've learned to just be content with what I have.  My only goal now is to live a life that honors and serves the Lord so I can one day hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

2. July 23rd is national lemon day. Are you a fan of this flavor? What's a favorite dish or beverage you enjoy that calls for lemons? 

I love lemonade or lemon tea.  I prefer putting lemon in my water rather than just drinking plain water.  Too much lemon is not good, in my opinion.  

3. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...is this something you're pretty good at managing? Have you had to do this recently? If so tell us about it. 

Making something good out of something bad is a challenge but I'm working on it.

4. Something you love that is lemon yellow in color? 

5. How would you describe your attention to detail? 

Oh, I notice details very much but I don't always care to fix it.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Next week we should get more details on the future of my son's college.  Will they be able to stay open for one more semester?  Will they be able to stay open for good?  Will have have their accreditations taken away immediately?  He's all ready and set to start his freshman year at this particular school and he's been so excited for it but now the future of what's to come is uncertain and it's frustrating for all of us.  I feel so bad.  Being in the waiting is difficult and I continue to pray to God to relieve the college of this mess and allow them a chance to continue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment