Monday, July 20, 2026

World Cup and Waffles

 Congratulations to Spain for winning the World Cup.  We are not a soccer family but my son wanted to catch some of the games.  As you can see here, during one of the USA games he's proudly wearing our flag around his body.  Because, why not?  Sadly, they did not make it to the finals but that's okay.  I have never paid attention to a soccer game in my life except for the tournament my nephew played in nearby a few years ago.  I don't understand the rules.  But it was fun to see how the world came together.  No politics.  No hate.  Well, I think there was a little politics trying to sneak into the final game but did anyone notice?  

He also displayed two of his new USA soccer players POP figures as you can slightly see on the shelf on top of the television.  They can go back in my son's room now.  

The end of July is slowly creeping in and summer vacation is one month away from being over.  How does it go by so quickly?  At first, it feels like we have so much time to spare and then all of a sudden we are counting the days to back to school.  I'm ready for my paycheck again but I'm not ready to see my son off to college and I'm not ready for my daughter to become a sophomore.  Today is her first day of band camp.  I remember band camp from my days of colorguard.  I know she'll make the best of it.

Today was off to a rough start but everything worked out.  After my husband left for work and I dropped Bri off to band camp I came home and made some waffles for my son.  He prefers waffles but I'm more of a pancake person.  Which would you rather have?

Then I began housework and some time outside listening to the Bible app.  The daily reading reminds me of what day of the year we're on.  Day 201.  It won't be long before we'll be celebrating Christmas.  My goodness, time slow down!  

Well, that's all I have to share.  Tomorrow I'll have fun things planned for me and Matthew and it will be a week of enjoying more of the lazy days of summer.  I am thankful that, for me, life is mostly peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment