Sunflowers are a favorite for both my daughter and I so when I saw they were in full bloom at a nearby orchard I knew we had to go. My son went along too so I treated him to ice cream after for being such a good sport. We also picked blueberries and blackberries while we were there. I tried to come up with something fun we can do to get out of the house today.
Brianna has been feeling really down in the last few days. Girl drama. Friend problems. It seems to always be the case for her. Who said raising girls was easier than raising boys? She found out a friend lied to her about something and it wasn't the first time this has happened. Now she's questioning if the friendship, one that has been with her since the early days of elementary school, is worth continuing. It hurts. It always does. To see the pain in her eyes and her inability to even fake a smile just breaks my mother heart to pieces. I wish I could heal this for her but all I could do is try very hard to make a day that was special for her. Friends will come and friends will go but mama is here to stay.
For Brianna, she's always been emotional. She struggles with depression and finds comfort in friendship but lately she feels as though her friend group doesn't want to include her anymore and that's tough to deal with. She's also bullied by the popular girls and that doesn't make anything easier. This girl marches to the beat of her own drum, doesn't care to fit in, will wear whatever is comfortable instead of what's popular and isn't afraid to wear her faith on her sleeves. Teenage girls don't like that, I guess. They'd rather worry about their reputation than being kind. I know my daughter isn't perfect but she does have a heart that breaks easily.
Seriously, boys are easier, but I do love my girl. I pray that the right people come along for her and she will grow to understand her worth. I try to help as much as I can but often find myself at a loss for what to do. She sees a therapist and I'm not sure if that is helping but it gives her some kind of outlet. One thing I know, that these struggles will one day turn into her testimony.

No comments:
Post a Comment