Oh, hello on the second day of October. This is one of my favorite months and maybe not because it's my birthday month but because it brings beautiful scenery and the promise that the holiday season is around the corner. I'm not a big fan of Halloween anymore but I do enjoy all things orange and pumpkin this time of year. The changing colors of the leaves before they fall to the ground is a beautiful site. Welcome October! I'm so glad you arrived.
But here's a little recap to our end of September.
First, it's been all snuggles with this funny girl right here.
And this is the last of my peppers pulled from the garden before I tore it all apart. These are orange bell peppers and red lunchbox peppers. If you don't know what lunchbox peppers are they taste just like a bell pepper and grow small as it's meant for snacking. I'll add them with the orange peppers to some stuffed pepper soup.
And last weekend was homecoming. Our team won the football game on Friday and the dance was on Saturday. Goodness, it's difficult to find a decent homecoming dress. The way most of these girls dress ... oh my ... like, don't bend over or privates will be exposed. Seriously, why do parents allow that? Doesn't my girl look so cute?
Her dress was a black felt material and the flowers are sequins. Bought on sale at Boscovs. She did a little photo shoot with her best friend and we did get some cute shots despite the rainy day. She had fun.
Her friend insisted on taking our picture together. I was not prepared for that.
And now we are in October. I cannot believe we are 3 months away from the new year. For this month I decided to challenge myself with a very quick but effective exercise routine. I completed day 2 today of 1 mile on the treadmill, 50 crunches, 50 reverse crunches, 50 squats and a 1 minute plank. Then I treated myself to a breakfast of a bagel, scrambled eggs with some microgreens a friend grows and a handful of blueberries. Maybe not the best meal after a workout, I'm not sure about that, but as of now I'm not being too picky on what I eat. I washed it down with a cup of pineapple juice because pineapple juice does have some good health benefits.

I have gained a lot of weight recently and catch myself being lazy and that's a habit I want to kick. It's one thing to settle down on the couch and rest before bed but it's quite another to just sit and do nothing aalllll day and I won't do that. I am privileged to have a job as a school van driver, which gives me 4 or 5 hours between runs to be home by myself. That is the time to grocery shop, clean, organize and all those things. I started feeling down on myself when thinking of all that my husband does and how active my kids are while I'm just being at home but then I realized that being at home is my job and it's a very important one, at that. My husband and kids can walk into a home after a long, hard day to a house that is clean and warm food that is cooked and I'm the one who makes all of that possible. That certainly is an important task and one I am so grateful to be able to do. Oh, how I wish I could go back to the very beginning with a much better attitude about it but I'm learning to embrace this life God has so graciously given me. I am thankful. October is the beginning of a new mindset and I'm ready for it.
I hope October is a good one for all of you. Wishing you many blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment