2024 - Surrender

I'm so bad at new years resolutions, like most people.  So I stopped trying.  I do, however, like giving myself a word to focus on for the year.  Last year it was peace.  Peace in the midst of chaos.  In life I'm surrounded by all sorts of chaos; in my own home and in the world.  I wanted to be able to focus on keeping myself at peace through it all.  I think I did a fairly good job at it, for the most part.  It wasn't easy but I spent time finding Bible verses and keeping myself in prayer over how I could find peace in every situation thrown at me.  In my life I'm experiencing so many trials, battles, and emotions I tell no one about.  In my home we are really struggling with a lot of things.  I am really struggling to cope with any of it.  I'm always struggling with my own temper as I try to teach my kids how to control theirs.  I feel like it's a daily challenge just to keep this house clean.  I get so frustrated when my overly-affectionate husband is constantly wanting to touch me and then he gets frustrated when I pull away instead of reciprocate.   Now that the holidays are over and winter is in full swing I can feel my seasonal depression setting in.

So, this morning as I gave myself some quiet time in my bedroom with my Bible and an attempt to restart a few of my old devotionals a word specifically came to mind.  

I've been trying so hard to figure it all out but I know I can't do this all alone.  I need to surrender it all to God.  All of the things I'm experiencing I pass it all to Him.  I trust in His plan.  I'm allowing Him to guide my steps.  I'm waiting on all things to be accomplished in His timing.  

I will be working at my health - both physically and mentally.  I will be spending more time devoted in the Word and increasing my prayer time.  I will spend less time scrolling through my phone but will spend more time on my laptop writing that piece that has been taking me forever to accomplish.  Whatever I do, it will be done with God in mind and with Him in the center.  Any problems I give to Him.  All the joy I'll give to Him.  I surrender all!  

Do you have a yearly word?  Or a resolution?  How good are you with sticking with them?

Happy New Year, friends!  Maybe last year did not go well for you.  I pray your 2024 brings an abundance of peace, joy and blessings!  

2 comments:

  1. May there be Peace within you as God is by your side all the way,

    Love your new header/background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, I love your new look! And thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment! You made my day! I pray that this year will be one of peace, spiritual growth (as you surrender) and many unexpected blessings along the way! Thanks for sharing your journey and your struggles (that seasonal depression can be a bear!) Blessings to you -

    ReplyDelete