That January Feeling


Is it me, or does January feel like the worst month out of the entire year?  Admittedly, it's my least favorite.  The Christmas decorations go away and we are left with just a memory of the holiday season that went by so quickly.  The frigid air has me wanting to do nothing more than stay inside wrapped under a blanket while drinking a hot cup of coffee or tea.  These bone-chilling temperatures are too much for this girl, I can tell you that.  Snow is expected for Pennsylvania this weekend, and although it might not amount to much in my southern part of the state, it still gives me reason to make plans to stay inside.  

As much as I loathe this month I've learned to accept it as a time when I can get so many things accomplished.  Soon spring will be here and I'll be busy spending evenings on the sidelines at the baseball field and Saturdays running my daughter to dance rehearsals in preparation for the June show.  The grass will need mowed and weeds will consistently have to be pulled.  Those warmer days will be coming back, so, in the meantime I might as well find joy in the mundaneness of winter.  

A few examples of what I plan to do:

✸ Declutter, reorganize, deep clean the house
✸ Work on my writing, which has been an ongoing project for a few years
✸ Read more books
✸ Keep my brain moving while doing jigsaw puzzles 
✸ Exercise and learn more ways of keeping myself and my family healthier
✸ Quality time with those I love

I'm teaching myself to enjoy this season and keeping busy will only make the brighter days feel like they've shown up faster.  When the weather is too cold for me to want to be outside there is so much to be done from the inside.  Besides, I am a homebody, after all.  

I'm surrendering my seasonal depression!  

1 comment:

  1. Hello, dear friend! It is snowing like crazy here! I am a homebody too, and love being in here cozy as can be. I do need to get up and get to some of the things you listed here. I do miss Christmas!

    ReplyDelete