Friday, June 28, 2024

Thoughts on A Friday

 If you've watched the presidential debate last night you're probably as confused as I am of how anyone could believe that one of them is physically and mentally fit to be president.  I'm not sure how anyone couldn't see what I noticed.  Admittedly, we did not watch the entire thing but enough to see that if things don't change we are in big trouble.  

However, my faith is strong enough to know that no matter who is president we have the One true King and He is the ruler over everything.  We may be fighting a battle but He's already won it.  I put my faith and trust in where it belongs.  

I just finished a book titled Coming Home by Karen Kingsbury.  She's one of my favorite authors.  This book finishes the series about the Baxter Family.  Amazon has a show about the Baxters and I began watching it yesterday.  So good.  If you love faith based fictional books she's a good author for it.  Her stories always leave me crying and wanting to more.  My son was excited to show me he received a letter yesterday from Kingsbury about her thoughts on Liberty University, which is one of the colleges he's been thinking about attending.  Matthew wants to go out of state, which leaves me feeling devastated but also proud.  We have two years so I'll keep it out of my mind for now.  

Rob took off work today and the boys are finishing up the Eagle Scout project and my daughter is getting ready to go camping with her friend's family.  This will be a weekend dedicated to the boy until she returns on Sunday.  The calendar is filling up with so many things and it looks as though we'll have no time for a beach vacation.  

And here's a picture of our girl bathing under the sun.  

Happy weekend! 


1 comment:

  1. Hello! Getting caught up reading my bloglist! The pups sure love lying in the sun, don't they? I just finished a book called We Were The Lucky Ones, and it was amazing. Then I saw there is a series on Hulu! It is so good. It is heavy and sad, but heartfelt too. And True. I hope you and your lovely family are enjoying the summer thus far, my friend!

    ReplyDelete