PINK OUT

 Last Saturday we spent the day at our county's minor league field to watch as Matthew, along with his teammates, played against another team for a "PINK OUT" game in support of breast cancer awareness.  That's my number 37, who got walked and eventually ran home, scoring one for the team.  Unfortunately, we lost by 4 but it was an incredible experience.  


This boy isn't the greatest player on the team but I'd say he's one of the hardest working ones.  He dedicates himself to the game and has such a passion for the sport.  Even after coming home from a game or practice he goes right outside to our backyard to play some more.  Or he's playing a baseball game on the Playstation, that still counts, right?  Having a teenager reminds me that the time I have with him at home is getting shorter by the day so I'm embracing these moments that will one day be a memory.  


1 comment:

  1. You go, Matthew. Not everyone is the 'best' on the team; that's why there is no "I" in team. Hope your family is well and enjoying some great fun-filled spring days together. Mary

    ReplyDelete