TGIF

 Every Friday when I was little my mom would wake me up for school and shout, "TGIF!"  I am so glad today is Friday.  It's been a busy week and one that felt like it was going both slow and fast all at the same time.  

My daughter's dance classes are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday each week and she's there for quite a few hours.  This was observation week where we could step in and watch the last 10 minutes of each class.  She does ballet, pre-pointe, jazz/lyrical, praise, tap, theater jazz and I think modern as well.  Yes, it's a lot but she loves it and I love watching her shine.  I was able to get a preview of each dance they'll be performing during the June show and although it still needs work I know it'll be great by then.  


Yesterday before dance I watched my son's baseball game.  He did awesome and even made a hit getting him to first base.  He was able to make it home but it didn't count since someone else had gotten the third strike.  Ugh!  That's always annoying.  But seeing him do well, and shout encouragement to his other teammates shows just how far he's come.  That shy little boy is slowly coming out of his shell  


I did spend some time yesterday sitting on a heating pad because my lower back and butt has been hurting for some reason.  I told my son I guess I'm at the age where I'm going to get pains from not doing anything.  I called myself old, to which he replied, "You're not old, Mom.  You have another 25 years before you're old."  Well, thank you!  I spent that down time writing ... that never ending process of my novel.  I also wrote my first write-up yesterday for my new girl.  In my first year as a van driver it has taken me until the end of April to do a write-up so it's not bad.  I knew from the first day I had her this week she would be my biggest challenge but I'm hoping things calm down.  Safety is my first priority and she's not making safe choices.  

I'm looking forward to a weekend of taking my daughter to a dance rehearsal on Saturday, hopefully making it in time to see the last half of my son's ball game and then spending the rest of the weekend cleaning and relaxing.  

My hubby isn't feeling well today, since yesterday, so if you could throw a prayer up for him it would be appreciated.  

I hope my wonderful reader friends have an awesome weekend!  Thanks for sticking around with me.  

1 comment:

  1. Read you every day dear Dawn Marie. Know I am just a little bit in your corner of the world, but enjoy reading your post(s). Know these are tiring times being pulled in every direction, but so enjoy them as they will be just memories in a few short years, but bigger ones to look forward to when they are building their lives. Take care Dear Lady, enjoy some down time...that "mess" will still be there, unless anyone else pitches in, smiling here! Hope hubby feels better and gets to enjoy some of the weekend. Latertater from GA!

    ReplyDelete