Friday, August 9, 2024

A Night Of Worship

 Good wonderful, beautiful, rainy Friday morning!  I have a full day of busyness ahead of me but as my husband is at work, my son is at his final day of band camp and my daughter is still sleeping I thought I'd enjoy the quiet house by reading Scripture and then coming on here for a bit.  This may be the last time I get to add an update for a little bit, so here I am.  

It's supposed to be the last day of the rain and then sunny days are ahead.  We sure need the rain but, wow, so much all in one week.  The parents viewing of band night has been moved to inside the high school gym tonight, which won't give the same feeling as being on the football field but at least we get to hear them.  I'm sure it will be loud.

Last night my husband and I drove to Hershey to see two of our favorite Contemporary Christian singers perform in their Summer Worship Tour.  Brandon Lake and Phil Wickham.  Have you heard of them?  A few of my friends introduced me to Contemporary Christian music when I was nineteen and it's mostly what I've listened to ever since.  There's just something about the music that brings me peace and reminds me of the love I have in Jesus.  These two put on a great performance.  




Speaking of worship, lately I've been feeling this deep connection with God.  I have just been feeling His presence constantly and feel as though He's pushing me to do something.  I just don't know what that is yet.  My heart has also been heavy with thinking about all of my lost loved ones.  I'm not sure what to do with all these feelings I've been having but, as with my word for the year was, I'm SURRENDERING it all to God.  

And in our home this morning we are in full celebration mode as we just found out our girl will be moving to pointe for ballet this fall.  She's worked so hard for that.  Congratulations, Brianna!

Now that she's awake it's time to tackle the day.  

God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting you are feeling God wants more from you - I am feeling the same way!
    Enjoy the band performance tonight and congratulations to your daughter, Brianna. I enjoy ballet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your girl!!! So exciting for her and for all of you!

    ReplyDelete