Friday, August 14, 2026

Days Like These

 One thing I've loved about summer vacation is that most mornings are slow moving with no reason to rush.  I spent a lot of those mornings on the back deck reading, praying, and listening to birds chirping.

This might be the last morning like this as Monday will be a morning doctor appointment and a visit to my dad's for his birthday.   School starts on Tuesday and my van is parked in front of the house and ready for another year of driving students to and from school.   
Yesterday morning was the back to work meeting.  It was nice seeing everyone again.  I'm blessed by this company and the wonderful management.   I'm looking forward to getting back to the routine and earning a full paycheck again but I'll miss my lazy mornings at home.  

I return from the morning run by 9am so that does give me the opportunity to relax a little before daily chores begin but it's not the same as waking up a little later and staying in pajamas a little longer.  I guess not everyone can be so lucky.  


No comments:

Post a Comment