We did it! We survived Matthew's graduation party.
The early afternoon started off very rainy, which had me worried but one hour before party time it cleared up and we were able to go with the original idea of having it in the backyard. I did not decorate as much as I would have liked to. Some who were invited could not make it and that's what happens when you plan a summer party. My daughter wanted to do the inviting and forgot some, too. But there were enough who showed up, including many of his friends. Good friends. Friends I'm glad he has.
It was a great day, perfect weather, plenty of food, and good conversation.
Next week Matthew will be heading to college exactly 31 miles away, which isn't far but he'll be living on campus. My daughter will also be starting her sophomore year of high school and I pray it will be a good one for her. She's really been struggling with friendships and finding her way. Oh, Lord, help her to find her way.
Anyone want pizza? We have plenty left over.



Congratulations! Planning, hosting, and surviving a graduation party is something to be celebrated in itself! I love your family picture. I know there will be all the feelings when your boy starts this next chapter. I wish I could give you a hug. It will be ok. I promise. And your sweet daughter. Blessings for a happy school year. And if I could add some unsolicited advice...High school friendships are great. And important. But it is after high school where we make true friends. The friends we choose, not the ones we are surrounded with daily based simply on the time we were born. Hugs and love, my friend!
ReplyDeleteI have told her the same. In adulthood she will find her people, it's rare finding that in high school. Thanks.
Delete