Friday, August 7, 2026

Happy Friday

 Hello and Happy Friday!  Another week is just about over.  It goes by fast, I can't say that enough.

On Monday I took my dad to the hospital to have a procedure done for his spinal stenosis.  I sat in the waiting room with my mom and it took a few hours.  When we got back to their house I hung out with mom some more while he took a nap and I stayed until after dinner.  I thought I'd have to stay a few days with him but he insisted he'd be fine so I went home.  I felt bad letting him heal on his own while taking care of my mother but he's the toughest guy I know.  


My mother's Alzheimer's is slowly declining but she still can carry a conversation, knows who I am, and laughs more than she ever has.  

I'm so happy that my butterfly bush is in full bloom and it's always fun to see the visitors that stop by.  


Yesterday we went to the college my son will be attending ... two weeks from today ... and made sure things were being transfered from the other college he was supposed to attend.  It's been stressful on my husband and not at all stressful for Matthew.  He's excited to go and I'm excited for him.  I will miss him.  It won't be the same around here.  He'll be in the next county, just 40 miles away, but he wanted to dorm and get a full college experience.  

I know Brooke will really miss him.  


Tomorrow we are finally having a graduation party for him and something to get family and friends together before heading to college.  It was supposed to rain but now looks like it will be a clear day.  I've been working on getting the house clean and still have to get the yard mowed and set up.  I can't wait to celebrate Matthew.  

Summer is winding down fast.  It's hard to believe next week will be the last full week of vacation left.  

No comments:

Post a Comment