This school year has started off quite odd. At first, we lost one of our bosses to a terrible car accident. She was a lovely woman, just days away from turning 74, who loved the Lord and every person she came in contact with. One of my students who I take to elementary school has been rerouted to a different van company and that has her, her mom, her nurse and I very heartbroken. Today is my last day with her. On Monday the other school I drive for will begin and I will be waiting for them to give me a new elementary student(s) at some point. Being a van driver means who I take to school is ever-changing. My son has been doing well with college and bonding with the cross country team. His classes officially start Monday. I know he's having fun and doing well but I am missing him a lot. I have never gone this long without seeing him.
This week we attended the fall meet the team night. Brianna and the marching band gave a preview to the show and then she joined in with the cross country team so they could announce their names. We listened to the athletic director give his usual chat about making sure all students have their grades passing or they cannot participate in the sport, they ran through each team and then we headed home. This is going to be a busy season of attending Friday night football games to watch our girl play her mellophone on the field, then run in cross country and then head to whatever town my son will be running in his collegiate invitationals. It will be busy and it will be good.
The temperature here in Pennsylvania has consistently been hot with another heat wave expected next week. With having the days to myself it's been giving me a chance to get a lot of reorganizing done throughout the house. It also gives me a chance to kick back and do some reading. I set a goal of reading 50 books by the end of the year. I just finished book 20. That's not looking promising.
Yesterday my husband had a minor surgery on his thumb so he's been home and currently resting. Tonight is the first football game of the season right here at home so our evening will be busy. I'm going to take a guess and say we don't win this one.
I guess that's all there is to update as of now. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment