Good afternoon and welcome to the second day of September. Even though we are inching closer to the official start of fall the weather in my area has stayed hot. I guess that's how September always begins. Right now I'm sitting on the couch next to my dog while the sky outside gets darker and thunder can be heard pretty close by. I hope the rain passes before I have to leave for work and I especially hope it's all clear by the time my daughter runs her cross county race this evening. Dinner is in the crockpot and I've been spending the day exercising and cleaning. Last night we had a pretty violent storm that scared our pup.
Lately, there's been so much devastating news that I catch on social media and I just want to step away from it. My goal as of the last few years has been to avoid all the outside noise and focus on creating a peaceful home. I pray for this world but I know we will not experience true peace until Jesus comes back. I pray that happens soon, too.
So, instead of focusing on the violence of the world and the loud crashing of the rain I can hear right now, I wanted to show you my favorite thing in my flower bed. It's called a Lavender Butterfly Bush and it has spread so tall and wide that it's taking up so much space but it offers a place for us to receive some beautiful visitors.
We get bees, moths, small butterflies and my favorite Monarchs. I've seen orange and I've seen yellow.
I've always loved flowers and butterflies so getting the two to mix is so fun.
Are you excited that the Ber months have started? You know ... SeptemBER, OctoBER, NovemBER and DecemBER! I'll admit as much as a I love the summer season this is also my favorite time of year. We are preparing for slightly cooler weather and the holiday season. What I don't like is the season that follows fall. I just don't. In those months this bush will be dead and there will be no visitors to it. But I know it will come alive again in late spring.
Well, I hope you enjoyed my little post about my butterflies and I hope even more that September is good to you! God bless!



No comments:
Post a Comment