This blog post is going up later than I usually write them. The day started early with my morning van run. The van hesitated to start and then the nasty check engine light appeared on the dash. So, I quickly scurried away to the garage and exchanged it for a sub van. I did manage to get all three boys on time and deliver them to school. My daughter's district is off today so when I arrived home she was still sleeping. Teenagers, right? The school I drive for had an early dismissal so it didn't feel like it was long before I was back on the road. On a regular day I'd be on the road right now.
Yesterday was the football game instead of tonight so tonight will be enjoyed by cooking dinner, mowing the lawn, and then relaxing. Early to bed because we have to wake up early tomorrow to watch both the son and daughter in a cross country race. I think it's so cool that high school and college will be racing in the same location, just at different times. This time of year is busy but that's okay.
If you've followed my blog for awhile you'd know that I am a huge lover of summer but I must confess that this year I am finding myself eager to get the fall decorations down from the attic. I don't decorate for the seasons until the season officially starts according to the calendar but I think this year I'll wait until after September 11th. My American decor stays out until then. I have always been a lover of the heat but this year it has really affected me. I'm not sure if it's hormonal or something else, but being in the heat makes me feel like I am going to pass out and it drains me. I'm just one month away from turning 48 so maybe my body is changing. Ugh! Let's not talk about that.
So, as much as I love summer I'm ready to see it pass. We are experiencing weather in the 80's and it still feels like summer. I mean, technically it still is. This year I'm looking forward to all things fall and all things Christmas. I'm excited for it but don't worry, I will still complain about winter, though. That's a season I always felt I could live without. But we take the bad to help appreciate the good, right?
I've noticed some of the blogs I read have left the blogsphere and I think that's because Blogger has been acting up for some. The most recent issue I'm having is not being able to leave comments for others. So, if you are a blogger who normally gets a comment from me and you aren't, well that's why. I have been blogging for a long time and have no intention on stopping but I hope I don't have to be forced to change platforms ... again.
Well, if you've made it this far in my mumbling - THANK YOU. I hope you all have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend. My son will be coming home. (insert excited face here)
No comments:
Post a Comment