Here we are at the start of another week in the middle of September. I had an exciting moment on Friday when a nearby orchard picked the name Dawn for free ice cream. I've been walking/running on the treadmill every day and trying to watch what I eat but when you have an opportunity to get a free scoop of ice cream ... oh, that devil is so tricky.
It was just Rob and I on this adventure since Bri was on her way to the away football game. We made the stop before the game and made it to the game just in time for the start. Since it was September 11 the team wore special jerseys and honored our local police department. To think that tragic day for our country was 25 years ago ... I still feel heartbroken.
My son came home from college on Sunday and joined us for church and then he snuck off to help a friend set up a surprise birthday party for Bri. Wasn't that nice? Some of the kids from the cross country team were there and considering her birthday was back in August she was really surprised ... and happy. This girl has been going through a lot of struggles so to see she has friends who care enough to throw a party for her was just so sweet and heartwarming.
Last night Rob helped me to get the box of fall decoration down from the attic and this week's plan is to get it all set up after I clean and organize the house. The weather today feels like fall and my dog kept insisting that I go outside with her. It made her happy.
Well, I guess that's all I have for this Monday. I'm busy with the usual laundry, dishes, vacuuming and everything in between.
No comments:
Post a Comment