Happy Homemaker Monday - 6/29/20

Good morning and happy Monday!!!!  Joining Sandra at Happy Homemaker Monday again.  Here we go ...



♥♥The Weather♥♥
Hello summer!  I'll add the temps here but the forecast keeps changing day to day

Monday - Sunny, 90
Tuesday - Sunny, 88
Wednesday - Showers, 86
Thursday - Showers, 90
Friday - Showers, 92
Saturday -  Showers, 86
Sunday - Partly Cloudy, 84


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
I'm okay, the dermatologist gave me a cream for my face and I've been breaking out like crazy.  Ugh!    


♥♥On my mind♥♥
I'm feeling bummed that my dad canceled coming over for a 4th of July bbq.  We haven't seen my parents since March.  Because of my mom's health my dad has been wanting to keep her home so she doesn't get exposed to the virus.  If she gets the virus it can kill her.  I understand that but it's sad.  He keeps planning to see us "next month" and then changes it.  I don't feel that this virus will ever go away and now he's thinking about waiting until there's a vaccine, and who knows when that will be, and I am not confident in trusting the vaccine.  I've already decided I will not be getting it.  I'm sure my dad will require me to in order to see my mom, but I will most likely not and that puts me in a tough position.  I've definitely come to change my mind on how I had felt about all of this virus stuff.  I now see how important it really was to close school and businesses.  I wear my face mask when I go out and attempt to keep myself distant from people.  It frustrates me when I hear people talk about what an "inconvenience" it is that they have to give up their rights to help save others.  Very sad.  I've also been trying to figure out what to do with my kids come fall.  The school is planning on giving parents the choice of going in person or online learning.  I just don't know what to do.

In regards to what's been going on in the nation, I realize too, just how important all of it is but I'm so mentally exhausted from it all and decided I needed a break.  A break from social media, from the news, and from thinking about it.  There are things going on in my personal life that are exhausting me too … so I've been pouring my extra time into reading and writing.

In the words of Sebastian from The Little Mermaid "The human world, it's a mess!"  

♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
A bowl of honeynut cheerios and a cup of coffee.  I'm actually on my second cup now.    


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
Forgiven by Karen Kingsbury 



♥♥On my tv♥♥
Last night I was browsing channels and came across some old episodes of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.  I used to love watching that show with my husband and my kids were getting into it too.  
Right now my son is playing a video game with his friend Lucas (and Lucas is at his house), thankful for technology that allows my kids to still play with their friends when they can't be with them.  Lucas moved across the state last month.         


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥
Pasta for tonight.  Quick and easy meal because we have to eat fast and then run to my son's baseball game.  My husband is working so as soon as he gets home there isn't much time to sit.  

I need to run to the grocery store today so I can plan the rest of the week.  *I don't know why the font keeps changing and no matter what I do it doesn't fix.  


♥♥From the camera♥♥
Yesterday our church held a retirement parade for our pastor.  He's served at the church for 31 years.  I came to this church over 18 years ago and I can say it's the best church I've ever been too and this pastor has truly inspired me and touched me with all of his messages I have heard.  He started with the church of about 65 people and it's now over 1,000.

  

♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
It's a mess, so don't come over.  The kids have their stuff everywhere, the floors can used a sweeping and I have piles of laundry on the floor ready to take their turn in the washer.  


♥♥Chore I'm not looking forward to today, or this week♥♥
Lawn mowing in the HEAT!!!  


♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥
Read my book and write.  I've been writing a book and I'm happy with how it's going.  As a busy mom it's been a slow moving process but it's getting done.                           

♥♥On my prayer list♥♥
Our nation
This virus
Personal issues with myself, my family, and friends
The President/The governor of my state

5 comments:

  1. I am with you on not getting the vaccine! Its sad that we can't see our loved ones over this! Happy retirement to your pastor!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much confusing/contradicting information out there, makes a tough situation even harder to navigate. Sorry you won't get to see your dad this weekend. Hopefully, you'll be able to see him again sooner rather than later. Prayers for some peace for you and that you have a nice week filled with happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, writing a book? I'm impressed, could never do that
    Hope you get to see your parents soon... was the 1st time last week that I saw mine since NY's eve. It has been way too long.
    I too prefer to wear a mask and limit contacts with outsiders.

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, my friend.
    I know about missing our parents. My mom is in an assisted living. I haven't seen her since late January. I hope and pray you will see your mom soon. I too stopped watching the news. It really is so distressing. Have a nice evening at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to miss loved ones. I hope you are able to see your parents soon. I've been avoiding social media a lot more, it's a very contentious and difficult time.

    ReplyDelete