Hate Is Not Welcomed Here

Last week was undoubtedly hard for me.  We all see what's currently going on in our nation and I know I am overwhelmed with so many feelings over the situation.  We are surrounded by so much hate and it's the hate that divides us.  My heart has been filled with so much heaviness watching these events, hearing the opinions of others, and just knowing I've brought two children into a world of hate.

I also received a letter from someone, who not only left me feeling emotionally attacked but spiritually attacked as well.  I won't go into details but it left my heart feeling crushed even more than what it had been before.  I replied allowing sadness and anger to take over the words.  I never regret defending myself, but I do realize it's much better to stay silent.

After sending the letter I went to a track at a local park and walked two miles as I tried to clear my head and give all of the worries to God.  Then I spent the rest of the day with a husband that was trying to pull me out of a depression.  I've been praying so much lately.  We are now in June, halfway through the year already.  The first half has been filled with so many challenges and I just hope that the next half allows me some grace.

I'm just so tired of the hate that surrounds us.  I'm so tired of people blaming others.  I don't care if you are a Democrat or a Republican, what right do you have to be so vulgar about the other party?  I don't care if you are a person with white skin or black skin I'm going to love you and care for you and only judge you based on how you treat others.  Whether you are a Christian or an Atheist I'm going to love you and respect you and show you the love that my belief has taught me.

I'm so tired of this world.  I don't even watch the news anymore.  I decided, again, to step away from Facebook.  I see nothing good on social media anymore.  Even Instagram has become a platform for people to bash other's political differences.  I don't believe in ignoring the situation around us.  I do believe it's important to stay informed and to take action when necessary, but I cannot stand the hate that comes with it all.

I hear people say that they believe in tolerance and acceptance of all but those same people will mock and torment someone sporting a MAGA hat.  Because Joe Biden has stumbled on his words and might possibly show signs of dementia people refer to him as "Sleepy Joe" instead of offering help.  Someone dies tragically because of hate so people retaliate by causing a huge amount of damage, theft, and destruction; ruining the livelihood of innocent people who had nothing to do with the death.  I don't understand it.  I'm never going to understand it.

Admittedly, I grew up surrounded by a lot of negative talk and negative treatment.  I could specifically name a family member, or more, who have been very racist.  I still hear negativity.  It's all around me and it's constant.  My family, my husband's family, friends, neighbors, talk of their beliefs while putting others down.  I'm guilty of judgement, gossip, and even allowing moments of anger to take over my heart.  I will not deny it.  Several experiences in my life had hardened my heart but over the last few years I've been working tirelessly to change myself.  I asked God into my heart and to change it.  All I want is to show love and kindness to everyone.  Not only because it's the right thing to do, but I want my children to learn as well.  Our children learn from us.  So, if we share kindness to the world they will too and future generations will learn just how to be.

We don't have to agree with each other but let's please love each other, regardless.



1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart, my friend.
    I know the feeling.
    It is all too much.
    What even is all this? It makes my head and heart hurt.
    Know you are not alone.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete