Happy HomeMaker Monday - 6/8/20

It's time to join in with Sandra at Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday!!!



The Weather
Monday - 79 sunny
Tuesday - 89  sunny
Wednesday - 89 rainy
Thursday - 84 rainy
Friday - 84 partly sunny
Saturday - 80 partly sunny
Sunday - 75 rainy

How I am Feeling This Morning
I'm feeling well rested and fine.  Looking forward to a new week.

On My Mind
This Friday my county goes GREEN.  Finally!  Green doesn't mean it's a 100% go and we aren't out of the clear yet, but it's something.  I'm thankful to finally be able to go places and see people.  Over the weekend the kids and I went to Hobby Lobby to get some craft supplies.  Last week a friend came to visit.  I couldn't have been happier to see her.  She was the one who sat next to me when I received my diagnosis in January and even cried for me when I didn't have the strength to, and has been a huge source of light for me and a big encourager.  Today the kids and I will be meeting friends at the park.  I'm so happy to see other humans again but what I'd really, really love is some kid-free time with ADULT conversations.  I love my kids so much but I could really use a woman to woman chat without the distractions.  My dad is planning to take the kids for a sleepover in the next week or two and I'm so READY for the break and they are ready to see their grandparents and swim in their pool.

On the bright side of it all baseball season is going to start next week.  It will be a summer season instead of a spring season but I'm glad they are willing to do something.  Yay!  My daughter's dance company is holding some summer classes as well and I'm hoping I can get her signed up.  We're approaching some normalcy again.  The kids need it because these last three months of nothing is really starting to take a huge toll on them.  They are ready to get back to life.

On The Breakfast Plate
A cup of coffee and a bowl of Special K cereal

On My Reading Pile
Not reading anything at the moment, just writing.

On My TV
I just finished the final episodes of Fuller House on Netflix.  As a kid I loved watching Full House and was excited when they brought it back.
The kids and I are watching the latest season of The Little Couple shown on Hulu.  I don't know why but that show is interesting to me and the kids love seeing their kids.

On The Menu
Meatloaf and some sides

From The Camera
On Sunday, after pulling some weeds in the back yard I decided to grab my laptop and sit under the shade of the pine trees on our picnic table and write my book.  With music playing from the mp3 player and a thermos of lemon water, while the kids ran through the sprinkler was the most relaxing part of my day.  


Looking Around The House
Kids are reading books, dog is still sleeping, husband is away at an event with some buddies, I'm getting ready to head out with the kids to a park to meet friends.  The house is as clean as it's been for a while.   A few piles of stuff here and there that needs organized and put away.

Chore I'm Not Looking Forward To Today Or This Week
Keeping up with the same chores (laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, dishes) over and over again.

To Relax This Week I Will
Listen to music, put some essential oils in my defuser and write.  I've been doing so well with writing my book in the last week.  I have a goal of getting it done by a certain date and I intend to stick to it.  Writing has always been therapeutic.

On My Prayer List
President Trump, and all of our nation's leaders.
All first responders who work hard to keep us safe, especially in this time they are trying to control all of these riots.
Personal issues with family and friends.

Devotional/Bible Verse
This is something our pastor was speaking about during Sunday's online service but it's something I've been feeling for a very long time.  There are things currently going on in our nation right now that leave my heart feeling so heavy.  We are a country so divided and until we learn to love one another this hate is only going to continue.  


Loving your neighbor means loving every person you come in contact with.  No matter what color skin they have, what they believe in, who they vote for, etc., we are to love others.  We are all God's people and God loves ALL people, and as Christians we need to love ALL people too!  

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by today! And I enjoyed my visit! I really have missed getting to dine out with friends after church. I’m afraid I still have to wait on that one , but maybe we can meet out for a picnic soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys are starting to see their friends again as well. My youngest went and had a hang out (don't think I can call it a play date as he's 15 ;)) at a friend's house last week. Did wonders for his spirit. Glad you are getting the "green light" around there. Thanks for the reminder about Fuller House, I forgot they added it. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    Yes, things are slowly heading in the right diretion.
    I always enjoy visiting with you here.
    Have a cozy afternoon, my friend.

    ReplyDelete