Just some Stuff

 I had managed to get a full 8 hours of sleep and drank two cups of coffee this morning but it seems like my bed is still calling my name.  Lately I've been so tired and that's typical of me in the winter months, for some reason.  

I just finished my 3.5 hour shift at work (and trust me, those 3.5 hours are spent running around and working harder than I ever have before), cookies are baking in the oven and I'm trying to get through some more of the book I'm writing.  My son finished up his school work and is playing Fortnite.  He said the playground was too muddy.  It's 41 degrees here and very sunny.  The warmth of the sun is making it feel  like a nice day.  When the cookies are finished baking I might take the dog for a stroll around the neighborhood.  We can both use the exercise.  

My son has been schooling from home but the middle school shut down for the rest of the week because of Covid cases.  Yes, Covid-19 is still a thing at the start of 2021.  Were you expecting different?

I was.  

Well, I was praying for a miracle.  

I've given up praying for a miracle and focus my time on praying that God will use all of the crazy things going on right now for a good purpose.  I believe we can use a wakeup call and this must be it.  Every morning I read from Psalms and it's amazing how what's written relates so much to what is going on now.  So much about plagues, burning of cities, and feeling rejected.  Today I came across this one:

"Increase the days of the king's life, his years for many generations.  May he be enthroned in God's presence forever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him" -- Psalm 61:6-7.

Here in the United States we don't have a king but we do have a president who is being ripped to shreds by people who want to stop him.  I know, I know, he seems so arrogant at times and there were moments when he said something and I rolled my eyes and thought why did he say that.  But the truth is, he's someone who is pro-life, pro-faith and pro-freedom.  He has fought to protect our Constitution and the rights we have as Americans.  He's angry at those who want to take it all away and has tried endlessly to fight against THEM.  Yet, those people, including the media, have worked hard to destroy him.  Now they are removing him from social media and silencing anyone else who supports him.  Now, you may not agree with me and you may not like him ... that's your right ... go ahead and say it.  I will not silence you.  Republican or Democrat.  Christian or Athiest, or another religion.  We all have the freedom to speak how we want.  Forcing one side of the spectrum to be quiet is a very, very, very, very dangerous thing.  

Wow, did this blog take a turn in a different direction?  I really want to keep things positive and uplifting here but the things going on lately makes my blood boil.  Yet, it's keeping me closer to God and that alone is such a huge need.  I believe everything is going to be okay eventually, even if we have to walk through some tough times for a while.  

The house smells like chocolate chip cookies and my son just headed out with some friends.  My daughter will be stepping off the school bus in less than an hour.  I'm going to enjoy this moment of quietness while it lasts.  

Hang in there, everyone.  No matter what your belief is and how you feel about different situations, I assure you we will and can get through.  One day at a time!




4 comments:

  1. He, who thinks he's King, deserves everything thrown at him. Just saying and know you don't want to hear. So, there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, makes my blood boil too! rrrr. It's good to be peaceful, but someone has to speak out!

    ReplyDelete