There Will Be Peace Inside My Home

 “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” -- 1 John 16:33

 The other day my kids were playing in the backyard and suddenly my daughter started to scream and shout.  I rushed outside to see what was the matter and the two began blaming the other for something.  I called them inside and had a talk with them.  Most of the time they get along and some of the time they go at each other.  I explained to them that it's okay to not always agree with each other but it's never okay to scream and yell.  I don't want the fighting.  I talked to them for awhile about my thoughts on what is going on in the outside world and how I want to have a peaceful home, in a way they could understand.  

The outside world is a mess!  There has been so much chaos, hate and division in our country and it seems to only get worse.  The good people are being made to look like the evil ones while the bad ones are getting away with their corruption.  It sickens me.  I've been feeling so much anxiety and depression lately.  I had enough with it all.  I don't even watch the news anymore.  I've completely taken myself away from all platforms of social media.  I just don't want to hear it.  I cannot control what goes on in the world but I can and will control what goes on in my house.  I want to create a home that is peaceful and comforting.  After a long day of school and work I want this to be a place we all go to that will bring us a feelings of acceptance, comfort, and safety. 

I'm praying for the cities that are burning, the destruction in everyone's hearts, and the hate that continues to live on ... but I don't want to focus on it.  I don't want it to be the cause of what brings me down.  I want to keep on believing in God's goodness.  God has a purpose for allowing Satan to get his way and I trust in that.  

"Love one another" is something that a lot, even Christians, don't seem to recognize ... but we will in this house.  

Wintertime is when my depression seems to get worse and I'm certainly feeling it lately.  When I'm home I just want to throw my hair in a messy bun, put on comfortable pants, put some essential oils in the defuser, and just relax.  I've been having trouble falling asleep at night and spend the entire day feeling so tired.  I'm learning that it's okay to relax, and take my time on getting things done, and do whatever it is I can to relieve any stress in my life.  I'm only focusing on life one day at a time.  Today at work we were told that there might be some changes being made at some point and everyone seemed to panic.  I responded by saying, "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.  I don't want to think about it now."  They all agreed and we didn't discuss it further.  

Removing Facebook, Twitter, and today Instagram is going to help.  Getting rid of the outside noise and focusing on my family, my home, and the book I'm working on is my priority. This is going to be good, I feel it already.  

2021 is going to be about peace.  Maybe not so much from the outside but it certainly will from within these four walls. 


1 comment:

  1. My dear friend,
    We are cut from the same cloth, as my mom likes to say.
    I read and reread your post and agree with every word you wrote.
    I resolve to stop watching the news, stop all the social media chatter, with the exception of our dear Blogger, and focus inward. I had some anxiety issues over Christmas, and it was a wake up call to me to resume some self care. I am going to focus on what I can control. Myself, my home, and my family. It brings me great comfort to know I have a friend doing the exact same thing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete