Weekend Thoughts

 

Take advice from this Golden Girl, who turned 99 years old today.  Wouldn't it be nice to know her secret for staying youthful and healthy?

There are so many things that make me want to feel all sorts of negative thoughts and it seems to be a mental fight I'm dealing with every day.  Which is why I am thankful for weekends such as these, where I can lay here on the couch under a blanket with the dog by my feet.  My daughter is working on an art project and my husband and son are working on a boy scout assignment together.  Football is on the television.  I love these little moments.  

The only time I left the house yesterday was for a trip to the grocery store.  In the evening we watched Soul on Disney +.  My kids wanted to sleep in the living room, because for some reason they find the couches are more comfortable than their beds.  Even though I beg to differ, I allowed them to do so.  I was asleep in my own bed before 10pm, which is unusual for me but I've been so tired lately.   

This morning my husband went to Urgent Care because his thumb swelled up.  When he returned I took the dog and kids to the park.  It was a windy day but it was nice to get out for a bit ... and only a bit because even the dog was shivering.  


Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and having another day to relax, all thanks to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.  

1 comment:

  1. We are so very similar, my friend.
    Do you know I snuggled on the couch this weekend with the dog beside me? Football was on and I was feeling safe and cozy. I feel comfort knowing you are out there doing the same! Have a cozy day. Snowy here!

    ReplyDelete