Mountains and Valleys

 Hello, on this last weekend of January.  It's amazing how quickly time goes by but I'm actually very grateful for that.  A few girls stopped at the house and asked if my daughter could go play with them, and at the same time a few boys stopped over for my son.  So, I decided to indulge in this quiet time with a cup of cappuccino in a mug from way back in my high school colorguard days. 

And I've placed my laptop on the downstairs desk so I can get to work on my book. 

I actually started writing a book almost one year ago and as much as I loved where that story was heading I decided to put that aside and started to write something new.  Something more relatable to me and my own experiences from many years ago.  I have put together some events that I had experienced and created it all in a fictional character who is struggling to find acceptance within herself and also an understanding of why bad things keep happening around her.  It's a faith-based book and I feel as though it's a perfect story for today's world.  

So much heartbreak has been taking place lately.  I can't comprehend it and I certainly don't understand it.  More covid related deaths, cancer diagnosis', and so much more.  Personally, my depression has been taking over me and if it wasn't for the antidepressant medication I know I'd be feeling much worse right now.  

Yet, through it all, I've been clinging so hard to faith.  When I'm high I praise God and when I'm low I trust in Him.  I read my Bible every morning, pray often throughout the day, listen to contemporary Christian music and drown out the outside noise as much as I possibly can.  It still becomes very difficult when so much is hitting me, as well as family and friends.  It seems unfair.  The trouble is that I am only human and can only see what is right in front of me.  It makes it so much better to know that there is Someone watching over who knows all.  He knew of me even before my grandparents were born.  He created a perfect world and when man and woman came He knew they were going to disobey Him and cause sin.  He knew the heartbreaks and diseases we would face in life and He knows what will come of it all.  No matter how I feel, whether I'm high on that mountaintop feeling extremely happy or if I'm stuck low in a valley I know God is there.  Whatever happens in the future, He's already there.  I love knowing that.  It helps. 


1 comment:

  1. Hello, my friend. I am excited for you as you embark on your new book journey! And your words are so very inspirational. I too take a medication. Mine is for my OCD. I am thankful I have it!

    ReplyDelete